After receiving a dozen of the same questions, we thought we will make a FAQ page so you can all get your answers in no time!
1. My University is not a member of the IGSO. Can I participate?
Yes! During the registration process, there is a possibility to apply for IGSM even if your home University is not an IGSO member. Just simply choose “other” and write your University full name in the registration form. If you get accepted and once you participate in the meeting, there will be a vote on the General Assembly to accept your University as an IGSO member. Bare in mind though, that the application must be made in writing and with an oral explanation to the General Assembly!
2. I would like to be a part of the organising team of the IGSM, how do I get involved?
Well, you can’t be a member of the organising team if you’re not a citizen of the country who’s organising the meeting and a geodesy (and other related professions) student/senior. Therefore, your possibilities include participating in the current IGSM and proposing that the one in 2 years time should be organised in your country! 🙂
3. When do the registrations start?
The first round of registrations is February 19th 2017 20:00 CET – March 5th 2017 23:59 CET. Please be sure to check out this post as it outlines all the important information about the registration procedure and payment.
4. I don’t know do I need a Visa for Croatia.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Check out our blog post on that topic.
5. Do domestic students pay the same fee as international students?
6. What does the registration fee cover?
Accommodation, food during the meeting (note: you provide for your own food in your free time!), excursions.
7. Where will the registration page be?
8. I’m afraid my registrations won’t arrive on your account in the given period, what should I do?
Don’t worry, to every problem there’s a solution, and this one is simple – just send us a Proof of Payment or some other kind of proof (if your University is paying for you then an official letter (digital, of course) from them that they will provide a payment for you asap etc.) until Monday 23.59h!